Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Got lost for the first time.

I dropped my trailer in Smyrna, DE then picked up a load of towelettes from Dover and got the heck out of there. It was to the P&G in Neely's Landing. I was happy about that b/c I'd been there already. I love not having to look for new places in this big truck.

I actually got turned around for the first time on my way to pick up the load in Dover. I got the directions mixed up and ended up making a wrong turn. Once I realized I was going the wrong way I pulled off on the shoulder and got it straight. Getting lost was one of the reasons I didn't make it very long the first time I tried driving OTR. I used to panic when I would get lost... I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I think that the local driving experience when I quit Prime made a lot of difference. I didnt panic... I just pulled over, figured it out, and got back on track.

I'm at the St. Louis OC now. I delivered to P&G in Neelys Landing this morning, then I bobtailed up here to pick up a trailer that I took to Conagra in Alton, IL. I was supposed to take it to Morris, IL, but I only had enough hours to get loaded and get back here. I only pick up 1:45 tomorrow so it looks like I'll be stuck here until Thursday. I'm scheduled to be home in Louisiana Friday, but we'll see how that goes.

I ended up with 2727 miles for last week. Still not what I wanted, but I won't complain. And I'm still bugging Jessica to get me out of this peterbilt and into a frieghtliner. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

No comments: