Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Complications

I just left home this morning. Got in on a Friday night and leaving back out today (Tuesday). I'm kind of relieved to get moving again. It's more work trying to go visit everybody at home than it is out here.

I bobtailed to the Wal Mart in Brookhaven, MS this morning to pick up and empty to take to Ellisville, MS to have loaded. This place was a pain to get into... definitely not meant for big trucks. But I got loaded with blankets that are going to Goodwill in Appleton, WI. It's the first trip I've had over 1000 miles in a while so I'm happy. Just not happy about the fact that it's snowing up there.

This trip home was pretty interesting. It looks like I'm going to have a baby on the way. Janette took pregnancy tests last night and this morning and both were positive. I'm excited... I've been wanting a kid for a few years now. We're kind of doing things backwards by not getting married first, but I'm pretty sure that's common these days. And it's not an accident. I've been trying for months to make this happen and it finally has.

What this does mean is that when the baby starts getting close that I'll have to get off one-way. I looked on crossroads and didn't see any dedicated opportunities in Louisiana, but I do know there is something I can do with bulk and be home everyday. I'll start looking into that soon and be thinking about getting my tanker endorsement. I was enjoying being OTR, but I won't miss anything once the baby gets here... it's just not worth it. I would like to stay with SNI though. So far I'm happy with the company.

I had planned on taking my hazmat test yesterday while at home. But I found out that all I could do at this point was fill out the app and give my fingerprints. So I did what I could and I'll take the test when my background results get back.

No comments: