Saturday, October 20, 2007

At home

It's been a few days since I've been on so let me catch up. I took that load to Laredo and sat for about 13 hours waiting for another one. Finally I got a Nestle load going to De Kalb, IL. They routed me through W Memphis so I could have my truck looked at.

Thurday when I got to W Memphis and someone from the shop came out to look at my truck he saw that the gear box was leaking. He'd said the guy who had the truck before me was supposed to go get it fixed, but apparently never did. At first he told me that it could take two weeks for the part to come in, but after making a phone call he said it would be there Monday.

I went in and talked to whoever is under my DBL, Jessica (I don't know everybody's abbreviations yet) and she got me a loaner. I was bummed b/c I thought it would be a piece, but it turns out it's nice, clean truck that's almost new. So I'll enjoy the next few days out.

They sent me on a load to Georgia Pacific in Zachary, LA. I left early this morning and dropped the trailer. I drove about 40 minutes home to drop off a lot of the stuff we took with us. We overpacked a lot and it's been very tight in the truck this week.

I'm laying in my bed right now... I'm picking up a loaded trailer from Georgia Pacific in the morning and taking it back up to W Memphis. It's going up to Maine, but I have to have this truck back to the yard for the guy it belongs to for Monday.

Jessica is supposed to be looking into getting me out of this Peterbilt and into a Freightliner. I sure hope she does.

No comments: