Monday, October 22, 2007

In my 3rd truck

The load I was supposed to pick up at GP Sunday morning wasn't ready when I got there, then it wasn't ready three hours later when I checked back. Now, this load was supposed to be ready before midnight on Saturday, but here it is 09:00 Sunday morning and nothing. I got off that one and on one going from GP to Meridian, MS. I shot over to Meridian and dropped that trailer then bobtailed 139 miles to Brookhaven, MS where I slept for the night at a truckstop 2 miles away from my shipper.

That brings me to this morning. I picked up a loaded trailer of cheps that goes to Jackson, MO. I need to get back to W Memphis so I can get this loaner truck back to the guy who needs it tomorrow. My part was supposed to arrive this morning and be fixed shortly after. When I got to the OC at 13:00 and checked in with the shop, they told me the part hasn't showed up by Peterbilt says it will be there the next morning. So, I drop that trailer and turn in the keys to my loaner. I hate to see it go... it's so much nicer than my truck.

I went in and to talk to my DBL and let him know the situation with my truck. I was kinda bummed because I figured I'd be stuck in a hotel for the night while I waited for my truck. But, he came through for me and found me another loaner. So I took off towards Jackson. I'm sitting at a truckstop about 15 miles south of my cosignee's exit. My appt was for 18:35 tomorrow night, but I got Jessica to bump it up to 09:00. The average duration for this stop is 07:30. I sure hope it doesn't take them that long... seems ridiculous to me.


Well, a big reason I post here is to display my actual miles and compare them to what my goals are. Here is how it's gone so far...

Week 1: I got my truck on a Friday and left. I was only able to get in 2 short trips before the cutoff Monday at 17:00.
896 pd miles

Week 2: My first full truck. This is kinda where I expected to be at this point... actually a little more than I expected. But, I'll be shooting for more. I can't wait till I'm not having any truck problems and can stay away from the OC.
2709 pd miles

So far so good, but I'll be trying to improve.

No comments: