Friday, October 26, 2007

Back in my truck

I got my truck back this morning I'm sad to say. After running in the freightliner for a week it saddens me to be driving this peterbilt again.
I've been getting ok miles this week. After I delivered in Jackson, MO the other day, I picked up right across the street from P&G. I took that to Associated in OKC. I thought I had made a $65.00 mistake there. The load assignment said that it wasn't a hand unload. When I took my paperwork in the lady pointed this guy out to me that I needed to talk to about getting unloaded. I went to the lumper and he looked over my paperwork and told me it would be $65.00 to unload. I say great and they get started. I hadn't had to use a lumper yet so I wasn't exactly sure how the process worked at SNI. So, I go in and call Jessica to find out and she explains that I need to call in first, and she'll contact customer service (I think) and get me the comcheck number. Well, she calls them and finds out that they won't authorize payment for a lumper here. By the time I get off the phone with her, the green light on the wall is flashing telling me that I'm unloaded. So I whip out $65.00 out of my wallet and pay the guys. Luckily for me she pleaded my case of ignorance to someone and got it authorized.
I'm glad I got put with Jessica. She's been lots of help so far and she's great to work with.
After I finished in OKC I got a load assignment to pick up in Jenks, OK (just outside of Tulsa) and deliver to McDonough, GA. This would be my load through W Memphis to pick up my truck.
So I dropped this evening to McDonough. Before I had gotten there I got a load assignment to pick up a loaded trailer from the same place I delivered (Kimberly Clark) and take it up to Delaware somewhere. I'm not real excited about this b/c I was hoping to get lucky and stay out of the northeast, but I knew it would come sooner or later... I was just hoping for later.
So I picked up and drove until my 11 was up. Now I'm at a Pilot in Duncan, SC. Me and Janette just got out of the shower and she's heating up some campbells chunky soup in the lunchbox over we bought today. This load will give me a little over 2700 miles for this week. I'll drop it first thing Sunday morning and hopefully I'll get one more load that can deliver Monday before the cutoff. I'd love to break 3000 miles.

No comments: